Vortex Processing Technology (VPT) makes the most of the most precious resource in agriculture - water. It has applications in all forms of agriculture, with proven results in:
- Greenhouse farming
- Turf production
VPT treats water the same way that rives have for millennia - using physics and pressure to increase its productivity. Depending on the application required and the configurations of the specific vortex, VPT can deliver productivity increases in the order of 20%.
In scientific tests on a greenhouse-grown cucumber crop, VPT delivered:
- Faster growth in the test period, with VPT plants 2cm higher
- An increase of 10% in seed viability
- Crop yield 6.35% higher
- Lower reject rate of nearly 20%
- Overall productivity improvement of at least 20%
- 5% increase in roots weight
- 1 to 2 days increase in product shelf life (equal 20%)
- Juicer, tastier product
Other testing has confirmed similar results in greenhouse crops in Europe and the Middle East including paprika, tomatoes and capsicums as well as cucumbers.
How does Vortex Processing Technology deliver its results?
Vortex Processing Technology delivers increased agricultural performance by:
- Eliminating lime scale
- Removing air bubbles (positive loaded particles) in the water
- Reducing the viscosity of water and reducing the energy required to move it
- Increasing waters wetting capability
- Increasing nutrient absorption, reducing fertilizer costs
- Increasing germination rates
- Extending crop quality and shelf life
The Watreco vortex generators in the IVG-series affect water. The Watreco IVG is mounted directly on the water pipe or as a part of an industrial process. The unit contains no moving parts and does not need to be connected to the power grid or any other energy source. The Watreco IVG is working according to Vortex Process Technology, VPT, which is based on the change that occurs when water passes through a vortex generator and is subjected to a strong vortex motion.
By subjecting water to VPT, it changes its properties. That means, among other things, that lime particles are ground down to microscopic fractions where dissolved calcium will precipitate. Furthermore the viscosity decreases and the electrical conductivity increases. In addition, heat capacity is increased.
You can download IVG specifications and sizes here.
If you are interested in how Vortex Processing Technology (VPT) can deliver for your agribusiness or if you're interested in case study details of the agricultural applications of VPT then contact Leigh Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org call 0417124910 or fill out this enquiry form or click the more information button below. Know we are here to help to improve efficiency, money and valuable resources.