Whether it's pollution, extreme poverty, income inequality, corruption, human right abuses or the ever increasing impacts of climate change - people are making the connection between corporate actions, the quality of their lives and the success of their communities - providing new challenges and opportunities for brand leadership.
Last year net trust in organisations to act in the best interest of society was negative. And while two-thirds (65%) of consumers want to support companies with a strong purpose, less than half (45%) can name a single company that makes "a positive difference in society through its products services and operations."
As consumers try to meet their own needs and hopes for the world around them, they are feeling less empowered to influence corporate behavior and more challenged in making their aspirations a reality. According to GlobeScan, for the first time since 2009, more consumers say they have punished businesses for their behavior (28%) rather than rewarded them (26%), and the number of those who are punishing brands is up by 9% since 2013.
So how can your brand lead in the context of these dynamic tensions to connect more deeply and authentically to student and employee needs and desires? How might understanding their anxieties and aspirations unlock more meaningful relationships, loyalty and participation?
And if your brand is already taking a stand and showing leadership be it through carbon neutrality, certification programs, investing in your community etc - are you reaping adequate rewards for your efforts?
Anne-Maree McInerney CEO of MOSS was fortunate to be part of a global team that helped to develop the 9 Global Principles of How to Communicate Sustainability for leading multinationals, the EU Commission, UNFCCC, OECD, Rio 20+ and the World Economic Forum.
If you have responsibility for CSR/Sustainability and or stakeholder engagement, B&T have arranged a 50% discount for subscribers so you can discover the 9 universal principles and other key trends to help you and your organisation build more meaningful relationships, loyalty and participation in your programs - that will not only allow you to fulfil your personal and professional goals, they can also help your organization take leaps and bounds in terms of corporate aspirations - saving valuable time, money and resources and helping to build trust, resilience and reputation.
Join Anne-Maree and her specialist team in SYDNEY Feb 14 and 15 as they deliver a two day, interactive MasterClass on how to set strategy, engage stakeholders and communicate your CSR and or sustainability initiatives to achieve exponential results for 2018 and beyond.
Learn from global leaders, your peers and host venues.
ATTENDING THIS MASTERCLASS WILL ENABLE YOU TO:
- Create engagement programs that kick ass and get results beyond your wildest dreams
- Get greater CEO, CFO and Board support
- Touch and experience first hand, world class sustainability in action
- Gain cut-through and see immediate results
- Have FUN in your job by making sustainability so desirable everyone wants to participate
- Find solutions to your nagging problems
- Know when and where to use pain points, facts and stats
- Manage or prevent CSR related boycotts or protests
- Understand your stakeholder desires and how to address them
- Save thousands of dollars in time, money and resources
- Discover the latest thought leadership and trends including Blue and Circular Economy, Behavioral Economics, Integrated Reporting, Social Media, SDG's and how storytelling, gamification, AI and other technologies get exponential results
- Turn theory into practice
- Work ON not in your business for a change with important peer evaluation and contribution
- Build a hero brand and a new network of peers to support your ongoing programs
For full event details including testimonials - DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE HERE
Usual Price: MOSS Members: $1,540 Non Members: $1,980. 20% discount for NFP's, government agencies and SME's with a further 20% discount for two or more from the same organisation.Price includes GST, workbook, arrival tea and coffee, morning tea, afternoon tea, lunch and networking drinks at the end of day one, tour of facilities, access to resource centre and participation in 90 minute webinar post workshop for follow up guidance, support and peer to peer learning/sharing. B&T subscribers - 50% off! Just tick the B&T subscriber box on the registration form when you book to receive your discount.
This is a very rare opportunity that is guaranteed to embolden, inspire and challenge the way to think about communicating sustainability, as well as give you the practical tools you need to make your organisation or brand a force for positive change in the world - so don't hesitate - book your ticket today as seats are strictly limited.